Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hottest 100 Time

Triple J is running its Hottest 100 of all time this month and I've been contemplating where my votes will be cast. You can vote for ten songs from each email address. Here are my current certainties... I'm still choosing the rest.

1. Army, Ben Folds Five
I think Brick might make it onto the list as well, but this is their best song. Whoever thought Ben would be getting fans to sing along to the trombone and trumpet parts years later?

2. New Slang, The Shins
Not my favourite Shins song (pretty close though) but mostly likely to make the list. Not many of the songs from Wincing the Night Away made it in to the 2007 countdown. I'd pick Turn A Square if I thought it would get in.

3. Shot in the Arm, Wilco
This has no chance, but it's my favourite Wilco song so of course I'm voting for it.

4. Karma Police, Radiohead
Again not my favourite Radiohead song, but more likely than High and Dry to end up on the final list. I think Fake Plastic Trees will also be picked by many.

5. Weather With You, Crowded House
I hope it makes the list although Don't Dream It's Over and Private Universe might beat it.

No comments: